Monday, March 24, 2014

Intimacy - as inspired by Teddy Hart

I'm afraid to disappoint you.
In the reaching of my dreams, I may let you down.
But maybe you know that already. In the midst of our conversation you know I am going to disappoint you - like with Peter, you aren't angry just stating a fact. Yet you still say,  "come follow me even after you've let me down, come with me. In fact your failure is what you need to truly follow after me, away from your preconceived ideas. Your plans of success now gone you can know me and love me as I am - not just who you want me to be."

Help me follow you Jesus, to humbly ask "can I not fail you?" rather than proudly assume that I won't.
Precious Lord, help me let go and follow you. I may let down the world, and maybe even you, but you still call me to follow you. Help me Lord, for I long to love you like Peter did. I want to say that yes I do love you Lord, as we sit over your meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment