Friday, May 3, 2013

Meaning what you say or saying what you mean

Did you know I love you?
I mean really love you?
I'd give up my everything, to just be with you?
Well I do, and I wish I could tell you that always.
My actions often counter it,
and my words are sometimes cruel.
But I love you,
from the sun, the moon and the stars -
and back.
So when I fail,
know it is with the best of intentions.
When I succeed know,
its probably an anomaly or the grace of our God.

I'm proud of you,
I don't say it often enough.
The love you have,
puts me to shame.
The care for our daughter,
I could ask for a better gift.
I am never alone,
God gave me a best friend,
who is far from perfect,
and yet is perfect for me.
I love you,
and I am sorry for being so unloving.

I want to better.
I prefer to stay lazy.
I will be better.
But through my own strength,
I can't not improve my steps.
I've believed I could change me,
for many years I have held this to be true.
That is until I fell in love with you.
My anger I can't surpress,
my pain I can't express,
and yet I want to be better.
My flesh does what it wills,
and my heart aches for its better.
So beloved, I ask the Lord with a humble heart,
to make me better.
For me, for you, for our daughter,
for our friends, for the lost, for the glory of God -
I will be more.
I will give my life fully to the cause of Jesus.
Burning my bridges of control,
giving up my need to be right in order to be His, to be yours.
I love you,
I want to love Jesus truly.
I love, but I can love so much more.
I promise you, through His grace I can and will be fully made until that glorious day,
when our faith is perfected, our love ever reflected into glory.
I love you now and forever.
My heart is yours, and it is God's.
_________________________________________


"You may not trust the promises
Of the change I'll show
But I'd be yours if you'd be mine

To have and to hold
A lover of the light"

No comments:

Post a Comment