Saturday, April 20, 2013

Plea


Safety pin me to your chest so I can stay put
Please don't leave me in this mess cause I am this close to unraveling, unraveling

Don't give up on me now, this can all be mended
We can iron this out, it can all be mended
When you're tearing at the seems, it can all be mended
It can all be mended now

Little walls are tumbling down, I feel them crumble
There's nothing left to tear down, there's only gravel
I'm breaking out, I'm breaking down

Don't give up, don't give up
Don't give up on me now, this can all be mended
We can iron this out, it can all be mended
When you're tearing at the seems
Tearing at the seems, it can all be mended now
_____________________________________________

I'm mad. Actually there are stronger words to describe my emotion, but they are not of benefit for anyone. 
I'm hurt. Devastated, wandering, and uncertain. I see and I can't be. The paths are trodden and we are lost in the dark. 

You are far, I am so close.
Yet we stand at the line, the same.
It's not fair, but it never really was.
I am not better than you, and yet...
Will He leave us alone?
Are we here to wonder, forsaken?
Wandering souls so desperately needing light.
A flicker of hope, and the darkness would crumble.
Why, oh God, why have You left?
Where are Your saints, the sons and daughters have all run.
I stand in the dirt alone.
No stone tossed, because no one showed up.
No grace tasted, as judgement was never an option.
Death, its drink runs smooth.
Life, it stings and burns my skin. 
Will You not intervene?
Will the saints not arise from their slumber?
The one is falling, and the 99 are safe.
Yet no one is arising,
and it breaks my heart.

Father, sweet Father speak.
Bring light, and I may live.
I don't know Your love, 
and Your judgement seems distant.
If I confess with my lips,
will my sins be forgiven?
If I trust in Your ways,
will my plague be lifted?
I can't walk to You, will someone carry me?
To the healing waters,
through the roof,
to touch the cloak,
of a healer, The Healer, Jesus.
Saints arise,
Brothers stand,
Sisters come along side,
for she can't do it on her own.

Why do you stand aloft?
Safe in your towers of stone.
Looking, and yet never seeing.
Judging, and never acting.
Loving in words, killing in thought.
Will you not arise?
Answer the call of your King!
You take upon His name,
what is this inaction?!

But I too am guilty,
for building ditches around the walls,
so no one can enter.
I have walked past as well,
hoping to not see their living hell.
Ignoring the cries I see,
acting blind - until these eyes are closed.
I am condemned by my own inaction,
my own self serving ways.

So what now?
I can't fix, what I never broke.
I can't heal, what I never hurt.
But then who can?
I can't change the immovable.
I can't light a burnt out candle.
Yet You can...
Breathe and dry bones dance.
Speak and life is made.
Touch and the wounds are healed.
See and I am made new.
Oh Jesus be true to her now.
I may have never seen lightening strike,
or witness a hand be mended. 
But I have heard Your stories,
I have trusted in Your ways.
So Lord move,
Fix what has been broken.
Heal what has been hurt.
Change the circumstances.
Light an everlasting fire,
burn anew and peace will find a home. 
I can't, but You can.
Please Lord do, do Lord....


No comments:

Post a Comment