Monday, April 15, 2013

Prayer

Lord Jesus,
I threw the stone today.
As I stood proud, in my sinlessness,
I stoned my brother.
With 'righteous' indignation,
I brought justice or so it seemed.
Bringing words of correction,
Words full of worldly wisdom.
As they rained down, condemnation
Came flooding in.
Drowning the souls found in its wake.
And I stood safely above,
On 'higher' ground.
Oh Lord, I deserve not Your grace.
I tore down what You intended for life.
In my pride, I was blinded to truth.
Father, let me feel that weight.
Let my eyes be opened,
My mind made aware of my acts.

Its so much easier to stone,
What we do not understand.
To kill the awkward, the confusing;
To reject that which causes us discomfort.
How foolish is this pride!
How horrible is this 'justice'!
I see my bloodstained hands, and fear.
I cringe at the pain, the searing heat of conviction.
Grant me grace, though no grace I gave.
Correct me Lord, and draw me ever nearer to Your side.
Oh Precious Cornerstone, Make right the wronged, save the broken, heal the tormented - for man's stones merely bring death.
Forgive me Jesus....
Let me not cast another stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment